Stray animals on the road
Here’s what you can do to help a stray animal that has been hit by a vehicle.
- If the animal can be moved and handled SAFELY, then try and move the animal to a safe area, away from further injury.
- If you can’t do it yourself, call the local government or the MMDA to assist. It is their obligation to do so.
- Take the animal to the nearest vet and ask for their charity rates for injured stray animals.*
- While the animal is getting treated, you can try to raise funds from your circle of family, friends, and even on social media. Many rescuers have successfully done this.
- Make sure that someone will foster the animal once the vet discharges them from the clinic.**
*NOTE: PAWS will not cover expenses incurred at other private vet clinics but we may be able to help by speaking with the vet to ask for charity rates.
**Fostering is a temporary arrangement to care for an animal until they can be adopted or admitted to the shelter. Learn more here.